World Trade Organization Young Professional Programme ( YPP ) is accepting applications from young professionals . This is a great opportunity for eligible developed and least developed countries who are members of the World Trade Organization.
These opportunity avail Participant the chance to enhance their trade skills and knowledge on world trade organization and International trade issues.
About World Trade Organization ( WTO )
Founded in 1995 and consist of 164 member state, World Trade Organization Organization is an intergovernmental organization that is concerned with the regulation of international trade between nations.
About The WTO YPP Programme
The Programme aims to widen the pool of professionals from these countries who can later be more competitive with respect to recruitment in the WTO and/or other regional and international organizations.
This is a limited programme that offers selected young professionals with the opportunity to gain work experience in the WTO. The selected Young Professional will be placed in a specific Division of the WTO Secretariat in accordance with the needs and priorities of the Organization; and based on the identified areas of interest of the Young Professional. Each Young Professional may express interest in not more than three areas of WTO work; and in order of preference.
World Trade Organization YPP Programme Areas
The world trade organization YPP Programme covers different areas such as
- Sanitary and Phytosanitary measures
- Technical Barriers to Trade
- Trade and Development
- Trade and Environment
- Trade Facilitation
- Trade in Services and Investment
- Trade Policy Analysis
- Trade-Related Technical Assistance.
- Trade Remedies (anti-dumping and countervailing duties)
- Council and Trade Negotiations
- Dispute Settlement
- Economic Research and Statistics
- Government Procurement
- Intellectual Property Rights
- Market Access (tariffs and non-tariff barriers)
- Media and External Relations
WTO YPP Programme Benefits
Successful applicants will receive CHF 3,500 monthly salary
To be considered for these award , Applicant must
- Have advanced university degree in law economics, or other international trade-related subjects relevant to the work of the WTO.
- Minimum two (2) years of professional experience relevant to the work of the WTO.
- General knowledge of the work of the WTO.
- Good drafting skills in English. Ability to draft in French and/or Spanish would be an advantage.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Demonstrated strong interest in international trade and the multilateral trading system.
- Commitment and passion for trade or WTO-related work.
- Fluency in English. A good working knowledge either French or Spanish would be advantage
WTO give preference to young professional applicant from its members state. Member state includes
Angola, Belize, Brunei Darussalam, Cabo Verde, Central African Republic, Congo, Djibouti, Eswatini, Gabon, Grenada, Guinea-Bissau, Kuwait, The State of Kyrgyz Republic, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Mauritania, Myanmar, Nicaragua, Niger, Qatar, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Samoa, Saudi Arabia, Kingdom of Seychelles, Solomon Islands, Suriname, Tonga, United Arab Emirates, Vanuatu, Yemen.
How to Apply
All applications are to come with motivation, which should indicate up to three areas of work, in order of preference, that the applicant would be interested in. Applications with no accompanying letter of motivation will not be considered.
To Apply click on the link below to
For more information Click Here