EDCTP Career Development Fellowships 2020 in Poverty-related Diseases and Child and Adolescent Health is offering a fellowship opportunity.
The program provides support to fellow to train and develop their clinical research.
Founded in 2003, located in Hague , Netherland. The European and Developing Countries Clinical Trials Partnership or EDCTP is a partnership between the European Union, Norway, Switzerland and developing countries and other donors.
Deadline: August 5, 2020 at 17:00 CEST for proposal submittion.
December 21, 2020 for results evaluation
The program is aimed
- To equip the fellows to establish themselves as independent researchers with ability to establish their own research teams at host institutions in sub-Saharan Africa.
- To promote retention of postdoctoral researchers and postgraduate medical researchers in the clinical or field research areas of sub-Saharan Africa
EDCTP Program EligibiltyTo be considered for the Fellowship
- Be a legal entity established in sub-Saharan Africa.
- The fellow must be employed or have guaranteed employment by the applicant legal entity (the host organisation) where they intend to remain working for a minimum of two years after the expiration of the grant.
- The applying fellow must:
- Be a resident of or be willing to relocate to a sub-Saharan African country;
- Be either a graduate in a subject relevant to the EDCTP programme, with a PhD and up to five years’ relevant postdoctoral research experience, or a medical doctor with up to five years’ research experience;
- Have at least one publication in an international peer-reviewed journal;
- Not have been funded under this fellowship scheme before.
How To Apply
To Apply click on the link below
EDCTP Career Development Benefits
The requested EDCTP Fellowship Career development contribution per action shall not exceed EUR 150,000. The maximum fellowship duration shall be 36 months.
EDCTP Career Development Expectations
Projects funded under this Call for Proposals should:
Promote career progression of researchers in Africa
Encourage entry and reintegration of African scientists trained abroad and
Contribute towards the achievement of SDG3 ‘Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages’
EDCTP Career Development enable the retention of postdoctoral and postgraduate researchers in their respective research fields and that the researchers develop into independent researchers and team leaders at host institutions in sub-Saharan Africa.
Ultimately these grants will contribute to the generation of a critical mass of clinical or field/social science/ethics researchers and institutional research capacity in sub-Saharan Africa.