You can take part in the Lagos Urban Challenge which is designed to support the innovators and entrepreneurs who are shaping the Lagos of tomorrow.
You can join the race to shape the future of Lagos, the put your idea to use, the kind of idea that can solve critical urban issues in Lagos. The challenge invites innovators and entrepreneurs to respond to the this question: What does the future of Lagos look like and how does your solution make the city better for everyone, including those in informal urban slums?
About Lagos Urban Innovation Challenge
The world as we know it is rapidly changing and Lagos, projected to become the world’s largest megacity by 2100, already faces significant challenges despite its position as a regional economic hub. These challenges present significant opportunities for entrepreneurs who leverage innovative approaches to build solutions that solve critical issues that impact residents within the city.
Lagos Urban Innovation Challenge Area
- Built Environment & Real Estate
Infrastructure & Industry
- Public Health & Safety
- Energy & Grid
- Food, Waste & Water
- GovTech & Civic Solutions
- Transportation & Mobility
Benefits of Lagos Urban Innovation Challenge
Each is the 12 semifinalist will receive $10,000 in AWS Activate Credits valid for 2 years.
- Participate in Utopia’s virtual urban accelerator programme
- Receive curated access to equity funding opportunities
- Receive curated access to relevant Lagos State government agencies
Be eligible for workspace vouchers from Lagos Innovates
- Get access to Utopia’s global network of experts and partners
Get 6 months priority access to Utopia Lagos CITYLAB space at launch
- Get access to Utopia Studio in Silicon valley.
- Be an early stage startup/team with at least a minimum viable product. There is a preference for teams with a gender mix.
- Be able to demonstrate a clear business model.
- Your urban solution or startup must operate in or focus on Lagos.
- Your proposed urban solution could make the city better for the many, not just the few.
Lagos Urban Innovation.
Lagos Urban Innovation Challenge makes their selection base on the below 5 mentioned Criteria.
- Scalable: Can this solution impact one million people in Lagos
- Viable: Can this solution be implemented in Lagos
- Team Capacity: Has the team demonstrated the capacity to build and scale the urban solution
- Critical: Does this solution address a critical problem in Lagos
- Original: Is the urban solution innovative within the city?
- April 6: Challenge launched and call for applications open
- April 6 – May 31: Application phase
- June 1 – June 14: Application review phase; semifinalists selected
- June 15: Semifinalists notified and interviews scheduled
- June 15 – July 5: Interviews conducted and finalists selected
- July 6: Winners announced
TBC: Summit and Award Ceremony
The challenge is designed to run virtually the organizers do not foresee any major impact of COVID-19 on the timeline, there is the possibility of extending the application period to allow innovators respond to the emergence of new trends that might shape the future of cities.
How To Apply
To Apply click on the link below
For more information Click on the link below