- Alibaba Business School Global Ecommerce Talent Programme in collaboration with African Leadership University is organizing the Africa edition of the GET Global Challenge 2020.
Theme of the Challenge
Digital Solutions during COVID-19 and beyond. The Africa edition is a part of the larger Global competition hosted by Alibaba Business School and is taking place in several countries across the world. The challenge is seeking for innovative digital solutions to support people, businesses and institutions during the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond.
About Alibaba GET Global Challenge:
There has been total disruption in 2020 caused by the Covid19 pandemic, we have all witnessed a disruption to daily life, work and much more due to the spread of the coronavirus across the world. In such times, our world becomes vulnerable and we have to ensure we have solutions that protects everyone or can improve the conditions in which we all exist.
These challenge seeks to inspire and support young people who are especially digital natives to innovate with technology to provide solutions for all walks of life.
These digital solutions can come in any form and be from any field. However, the solutions should promote resilience, inclusion and access to services that people need during times like these. This in essence is a social innovation challenge. This challenge will take place online/virtually unless otherwise announced.
These challenge is open to young budding entrepreneurs who
- Have a new business idea or a running business that has been in operation for less than 1 year;
- Have not received institutional funding of more than USD $100,000 for the current project.
- 18 to 30 years of age;
- Sign up as teams of 3-5 members, with at least one member that can communicate effectively in English Language.
There will be prizes across both regional and global levels including
- Admission to Alibaba GET Talent bank, connected with potential mentors, investors, employers, and business opportunities;
- Special prizes at regional level to be announced.
- Up to 14,000 USD of business funding;
- A digital economy discovery trip to Alibaba Headquarters in Hangzhou, China.
- Including remium digital economy and entrepreneurship education content through online trainings from Alibaba Business School and fro.
These competition will proceed through 3 rounds of selection before the global finals. As participants proceed across each round, they will be provided with livestreamed training, coaching and support to develop their businesses.
1.Initial Applications and 1st Selection round: April 10, 2020 – May 4, 2020
2. Coaching provided by Alibaba GET team and 2nd Selection round: May 9, 2020 – June 5, 2020
3. Execution of Business and Regional selection: June 11, 2020 – August 11, 2020.
4. Regional finals: August 13-15, 2020
5. Global Finals: August 17-25, 2020
How To Apply
- Details of every team member
- A short description of the problem you are trying to solve
- A short description of your proposed solution
- A short statement on why your team is best fit to solve this problem.
To Apply click on the link below