The global Korea Summer Scholarship program for African and Latin American is open for application. These program is design for students from Africa and Latin America with an in-depth academic training as well as an opportunity to experience Korean culture in order to nurture future leaders who will contribute to the development of global society.
About The Award
Award to be taken in Korea
Number of Award: 80, ( 40 from Latin America) ( 40 from Africa )
Awarding Institution: GKS
- NIIED and/or the training institutions will be responsible for round trip air ticket, room and board during the duration of the program, and traveler’s insurance.
- Participants will be responsible for transportation fare in his/her country, visa fee, etc.
- Global Korea Scholarship (GKS) Summer Program Selection Criteria.
- Be fluent in English. Priority will be given to the applicants with Korean fluency;
- Be mentally and physically healthy;
- Have the ability and willingness to adapt to Korean culture and life in Korea.
- Applicants should be a citizen of African or Latin American countries;
- Be enrolled in the second to fourth year as an undergraduate student in the university/college in Africa and Latin America.
The scholarship recipients will be selected based on grades (GPA), proficiency in English or Korean, personal statement, recommendation letters, and etc.
How To Apply
NIIED nominates universities for program management. The designated universities recommend selected candidates to NIIED and NIIED selects the scholarship recipients. The program applicants must apply directly to the designated universities.
To apply click on the link below