The one young leading Africa Scholarship is open for application.
ABOUT THE LEADING AFRICA SCHOLARSHIP:
The Leading Africa Scholarship is an initiative designed to ensure that outstanding young people from Africa are represented at the One Young World Summit 2020 in Munich.
Africa is host to the largest population of young people in the world, with over 60% of its population under the age of 25. With 72% of its labour force in “vulnerable” employment and several countries experiencing challenges of governance and violent extremism, the Fourth Industrial Revolution could provide a lifeline to this young, eager population. Given their sheer numbers, they have the ability to transform their regions, whether it be in governance, energy, infrastructure, medicine and beyond.
In the midst of these challenges and opportunities, it is young leaders who are devising meaningful strategies to build a more sustainable region. Are you one of those leaders? If so, One Young World is looking to bring you to the next annual Summit.
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2020 in Munich, Germany.
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis between 14 October and 17 October 2020.
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue.
- Summit handouts and support materials.
- The cost of travel to and from Munich. Your flight to and from Munich must depart from and return to one and the same international airport.
- Gain greater visibility for your work & be heard by world renowned experts and leaders
- Tap into a global network of potential collaborators from 196 countries
- Gain access to exclusive Ambassador opportunities, such as speaking events.
One Young Eligibilty
To be considered you are
- Are between the ages of 18 – 30
- Have an evidenced commitment to delivering positive change
- Demonstrate capacity for leadership
- Are addressing key local and/or global issues in your work
- Have a track record of generating impactful and innovative ideas
- Are a national (passport holding citizen) of one of the countries listed below:
|Burkina Faso||Burundi||Cameroon||Cape Verde|
|Central African Republic||Chad||Comoros||Congo, The Democratic Republic of the|
|Congo, The Republic of the||Cote d’Ivoire||Djibouti||Egypt|
|Equatorial Guinea||Eritrea||Ethiopia||eSwatini, Kingdom of|
|Libya, State of||Madagascar||Malawi||Mali|
|Sao Tome and Principe||Senegal||Seychelles||Sierra Leone|
|Somalia||South Africa||South Sudan||Sudan|
|Tanzania, United Republic of||Togo||Tunisia||Uganda|
Deadline: DEADLINE: 29 APRIL, 2020
If you’re chosen for a Scholarship and require a visa to enter the Schengen region to attend the One Young World Summit 2020, you will be required to pay the visa fee yourself. The Schengen visa costs $90 USD plus the applicable service charge of your local visa application centre. The costs of the visa and the applicable service charge as well as any further costs associated with the visa application (including travel to and from the visa application centre) fall on you as the participant.
To Apply click on the link below