Oppurtuinity is open for Scientist and physicians from Developing countries to obtain a fully funded Fellowship in Switzerland
ISID and the Swiss Society for Infectious Diseases (SSI) jointly sponsor the SSI/ISID Infectious Diseases Research Fellowship Program.
The purpose of this Fellowship Program is to support infectious disease physicians and scientists from under-resourced countries through multidisciplinary clinical and laboratory training at select biomedical institutions in Switzerland.
The objectives of the Fellowship Program are:
- To train promising young physicians and scientists from under-resourced countries for clinical and research positions in infectious diseases.
- To foster partnerships between fellows and infectious disease leaders in Switzerland.
- To increase scientific research capacity in under-resourced/high disease burden countries.
Opportunities for training and research in a variety of areas ranging from basic studies of the mechanism of disease to studies in public health, epidemiology, diagnostics, therapeutics or vaccine development, are available through this program.
These Fellowship is a one year program
Award Fee: 50,000 CHF a year these amount covers travel cost and living expenses.
Deadline: 20th April 2020
Fellowship is open to all applicants who has at least M.D, PhD, in a relavant field or applicant who holds a position in health, research and public health institution . And Applicant who are from low and middle income countries.
SSI/ISID Fellows will be placed at one of five collaborating research centers in Switzerland according to technical interests and skills. All infectious diseases programs at each institution offer experience in clinical infectious diseases, including HIV, and microbiology.
Apllicant who applied for Research only do not need German or French language proficiency
All other Applicant must be proficient in English or German language
Application is made online through the link
Below are the required documents.
- Curriculum Vitae
- A letter of commitment from the applicant’s home institution guaranteeing position upon completion of the fellowship
- Letter of recommendation
- Personal statement describing career goals and objectives, and relevance of training
For more information Click the Official Link below