The provision of government scholarships of the Slovak Republic is a long-term part of the development cooperation of the Slovak Republic. The Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs of the Slovak Republic is responsible for the development cooperation of the Slovak Republic. In 2020, the Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the Slovak Republic will implement bilateral development cooperation through the government scholarship program as defined in the Slovak Republic’s Medium-term Development Cooperation Strategy for 2019 – 2023 (Government Resolution No. 40 of 30 January 2019). The conditions of admission and granting a government scholarship are regulated by Act no. 392/2015 Coll. on Development Cooperation and on Amendments to Certain Acts and Decree of the Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the Slovak Republic No. 50/2016 laying down details on the provision of government scholarships.
Slovak government scholarships, under OECD-defined conditions for conducting official development assistance, include awarding the Slovak government scholarship to persons with Slovaks Living Abroad status. Award of such scholarships has become a part of state policy supporting Slovaks Living Abroad, which has developed gradually over time, with the adoption of Act No. 474/2006 Coll. on Slovaks Living Abroad and on amendment of certain acts, the establishment of the Office for Slovaks Living Abroad and the adoption of the Concept of State Policy of the Slovak Republic in relation to Slovaks Living Abroad to 2020 approved by Slovak Government Resolution No. 571/2015 on 21 October 2015
The 2020 / 2021 Slovak Government Scholarship is now open for Foreign Applicant , Slovak Republic Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport is inviting Applications to for it Scholarship award for national of partnering countries.
The award covers partial cost of studies in any of the public University in Slovak.
The components of these 2020/2021 Slovak Government Scholarship are.
- One time stipend upon commencement of course
- Monthly Scholarship
- one time stipend upon completion of study
- Monthly stipend for public university
Please note: Award holder also enjoys discount provided by the ministry of education, Health, science and research
- Right to reside in Republic of Slovak for 3monthd
- Temporary resident for the purpose of studies in Republic of Slovak
- Temporary resident as a third country National granted by Slovak
- A full-time student in an academic program in any University in Republic of Slovak
- Participate in Language training program
- Applicant is at least 18 years of age and not more than 26 years of age for candidate who will participate in Language training
- At least 23 years of age and not more than 35 years if participants will participate in Language training in 3rd level
Afghanistan, Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia, Kenya, Republic of Sudan, Kosovo, Moldovia, Ukraine, Vietnam, Mongolia.
Completion Of Studies Certificate
Letter of Acceptance
Recommendation letter from two educational staff secondary school of studies
Recommendation letter from the University lecturers
International Passport Data page
Signed Application form sent electronically
To Apply click on the link below
For more Information click here
Deadline: May 2020