About Dr Reddy’s Foundation
Dr Reddy’s Foundation is a not-for-profit organization set up in 1996 to enable socially and economically vulnerable groups to take control of their lives. We develop and test innovative solutions to address complex social problems and promote the scaling up of impact by leveraging partnerships. We work with Children, Youth (including persons with disabilities), Women and Households across 18 States in India.
The Sashakt Scholarship by Dr Reddy’s Foundation is proud to announce the Sashakt program for high-calibre applicants for the academic year 2020-21.
Sashakt Scholarship is a one-of-its-kind initiative to encourage young women across India to prepare for and pursue a career in science. It provides a level playing ground to girl students, especially from rural India and low socio-economic backgrounds, to get access to quality education in some of India’s best science institutions by offering financial support and mentorship throughout their undergraduate studies.
The scholarship covers all three years of study towards earning a B.Sc. degree.
Number of Award
Limited scholarships available, for students securing admissions in any of the 12 listed science colleges.
The scholarship is applicable to Basic and natural science course
The scholarship award is Rs 2,40,000 (Rs 80,000/year) for three years of study, which covers the college tuition fees, study expenses and basic living costs.
Why Dr Reddy Scholarship Program
The award encourage and support young, academically bright girls to pursue science studies.
Address the attrition of girl students in science during transition from school to college.
Financially empower rural and economically challenged girls to access the best science education in India.
To contribute more women scientists as mentors and achievers to India and the world
- The Scholarship is open for studies in the designated colleges in India and for Indian Nationals only.
- The Candidates applying for the scholarship under this program should be applying for B.Sc.(Natural Sciences), first year, during the academic year 2019-20.
- The amount of Scholarship that will be provided under this program will be a maximum of Rs.80,000/- per student, per academic year and the scholarship amount will be towards tuition fees, books and living expenses.
- Candidates will be required to upload documents, e.g. Income Tax Returns of their parents/guardian(s) or in the alternative, Bank Statements of parents/guardian(s) or Income Certificate issued by Government.
- While the final acceptance of the proposed candidates is on the basis of internal due diligence and checks done by the Sashakt Selection Panel, it will be at all times subject to its management decision.
- The final disbursement of Scholarship amount to the applicant shall be on the basis of the fee receipt evidencing part payment, submitted by the applicant. All fee receipts shall be retained with the beneficiaries and submitted along with other documents for availing the Scholarship for the consecutive academic year, as the case may be.
- The candidates who are selected for the Scholarship will be intimated by Sashakt via email.
- DRF reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to reject or disqualify any application; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the scholarship, as appropriate.
- The Scholarship Application is open to only those desirous candidates who have all the requisite documents at the time of making the Application.
- DRF reserves the right, to use the photograph /profile of the scholarship applicant/beneficiary for future publication use; and/or disclosures; and/or for communication purposes with DRF’s stakeholders as this initiative is under Dr. Reddy’s Foundation; and/or for submissions before various authorities and interested parties from time to time for reporting progress thereof; and/or for use in Corporate brochures, websites, social media, archives and other material publicity, if any in relation to it’s activities.
- The students who receive the Scholarship should be regular in attendance and pass all performance yardsticks as decided by the competent authority of the school/college/University as also abide by the rules and regulations of such Institute.
- The Scholarship shall be cancelled/ discontinued forthwith and the amount of the scholarship paid shall be recovered, at the discretion of the concerned department of DRF if
- (a) A student is found to have obtained a Scholarship by false statement/ certificates.
- (b) A student violates any of the terms and conditions of the Scholarship.
- (c) A student does not attend classes of the course or is found to be in serious violation of the Institutes’ Rules and Regulations.
- (d) Fails to obtain and maintain minimum performance/passing standard as required by the University Authorities and/or affiliates.
- (e) Any misconduct on the part of the beneficiary, decision whereof will be at the sole discretion of the Selection Panel of DRF
- This Scheme and Scholarship shall be evaluated at regular intervals by DRF and terms and conditions thereof may be modified, withdrawn or cancelled at the discretion of the Selection Panel of DRF.
- DRF reserves its right to independently verify and assess the claims made by candidates/beneficiaries regarding their family financial status and other criteria.
- This is a beneficiary scheme of DRF and is not as a matter of right to be claimed by candidates of economically weaker sections of society or otherwise. Candidates shall not have the right to raise any disputes regarding the Scholarship with DRF and shall have no right to claim any amounts or initiate any proceedings against DRF in respect thereof.
How to apply
- How to Apply for the Dr Reddy’s Foundation Sashakt program in India, 2020: To apply for the award, you need to have an admission offer in any one of the colleges. After that, you can complete the grant application form.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants have to submit the Income Tax Returns of their parents/guardian(s) or in the alternative, Bank Statements of parents/guardian or Income Certificate issued by Government.
- Admission Requirements: Applicant must have a previous degree certificate with excellent academic achievements.
- Language Requirement: Applicant should have an excellent command of the English language.
Click the Official link